You can extract and view any Google Chrome extension’s full source code following the following easy steps.
Every Google Chrome extension is basically a CRX file. When you click the “Install” button on the Google Chrome extension gallery you are basically clicking a link of the extension’s CRX file.
The first step is downloading the extension’s CRX file. Instead of clicking it’s link, which will lead to that extension being installed on your browser, right-click the link and choose “Save link as…”.
Now that you have the CRX file on your computer, rename it’s extension from CRX to ZIP. Turns out that every CRX file is a renamed ZIP archive of the extension.
All there is left to do is extract the ZIP archive to the desired destination. The full code of the Chrome extension is there.
Have fun exploring other peoples code!Search terms:
- chrome extension source code
- view chrome extension source
- google chrome extension source code
- google chrome extensions source code
- chrome extension view source
- chrome extensions source code
- chrome extension code
- chrome extension source
- view source code of chrome extension
- extract chrome extension